I'll stop posting about Christmas stuff soon...either it will be January (and I really hate posting about Christmas in January) or I'll run out of stuff to post. I'm guessing January will get here before I run out of stuff to post though!
We went to see Santa in the Fashion Place Mall on December 21st. The girls didn't have school because it was the official start to Winter break, aka Christmas Vacation, so I thought it would be the perfect day to go see Santa. I think everyone else did too! They had a new system for seeing the big guy this year. First you go to the lady at the table and get a pager, like the ones you get at a restaurant. We got there when Santa was on his lunch break, so we didn't have to stand in line for that, but people after us did. Then, when they are ready for you, they page you. Except that the pagers didn't work that well. And if you went out of range, you were basically out of luck. So we stuck around where the Santa setup was and did a little shopping, but didn't go far.
Finally we were paged, although ours was one that didn't go off, and then we got to stand in line again! Some people got really upset about that and just left. We spent probably another 15-20 minutes in line after we turned our pager in. To top it off, the picture prices seemed to go up significantly this year, so we didn't purchase any pictures, just did the ones with my camera. And since we didn't buy any pictures, apparently we had to be rushed out. I was planning on letting B'Elana get a picture by herself, a picture with both girls and then a picture with Deanna by herself. Deanna felt like Santa was kind of pushing her off his lap after the one with both girls, so we didn't get the one with just her.
Anyway, both girls got to talk to the big guy for a minute. Deanna couldn't think of anything to ask for, so Santa surprised her and B'Elana asked for Barbies. Come back later to find out if the girls wishes came true!
No comments:
Post a Comment